Debian and cdrecord under >2.6.8(follow up to vlok and cyber as well)

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 1 17:16:26 EDT 2005

John, try this
cdrecord dev=ATAPI -scanbus
mine comes back with this

 0,0,0     0) 'LITE-ON ' 'LTR-32123S      ' 'XS0K'
Removable CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) 'PIONEER ' 'DVD-ROM DVD-115 '
'1.12' Removable CD-ROM
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *
so,to burn cdrecord -v speed=? dev=ATAPI:0,0,0
file.iso
give it a whirl. See if it works, just tried it with
fake.iso and it went thru the normal procedure ( i
don't have an iso at hand). I'm using 2.6.12.1

=== message truncated ===

Free Good
Fire Bad