Mandrake and SBLive soundcard

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 26 09:37:29 EST 2005

The problem that you're having might have something to do with the default
values of alsa sound.  Try running alsamixer and find out if all of the
channels are muted.  This is the typical default config for alsa.  Mandrake
10.0 and 10.1 automatically find emu10k and installs the right alsa driver for
it.

Cheers!

Bob