newbe boards?

S. Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Tue Jan 11 17:05:03 EST 2005

On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 06:45:36 -0800 (PST)
vlok stone <vlokstone at yahoo.com> wrote about Re: newbe boards?:

> http://www.icon.co.za/~psheer/book/index.html.gz

Yes, Rute User's Tutorial. It was my second Linux book purchase
after "Linux for Dummies". It was quite a jump and I found it
quite deep at the time, but it was definitely worth searching eBay
for. The book is large, but it also comes with the whole thing on
CD-rom. Another was/is Newbie's Linux Manual ; it used to be on
linuxdot.org, but that domain is open now, though tldp still links
there. It was in HTML, but I remember it was also downloadable as
.pdf. Some diligent searching may turn up someone still hosting it
though.

--
S. Lawton
Sylpheed 0.9.3