[nflug] off topic: USB Power Output

Erek Dyskant erek at nbtsc.org
Tue Dec 20 22:12:23 EST 2005

Hi,
	USB devices report how much power they use, and hubs report how much
power they provide.  This way a computer can (theoretically) prevent the
devices from overloading a hub.
	To find out the maximum power that your RAZR can use, plug it into a
Linux box and run lsusb -v.  Look for the section corresponding to the
phone and find the MaxPower line.
	Hope this helps.

Erek