[nflug] cdrecord and 2.6

Josh Johnson joshj at linuxmail.org
Tue Dec 20 23:36:29 EST 2005

I can't remember who originally posted their problem a few weeks ago with cdrecord and the 2.6 kernel (possibly a gentoo user). I've had problems with cdrecord since 2.6. Finally I think I got it: I took out all of my kernel stuff relating to scsi (since I don't use any scsi devices) and scsi emulation (This may not actually be completely necessary). And I removed the kernel cmd line "hdc=ide-scsi" (/dev/hdc being my ATAPI cd recorder) (which I think was quite necessary. But I've been wrong before). But "cdrecord -scanbus" doesn't show any devices! Oh no! After doing some man page searching I did "cdrecord dev=ATA -scanbus" and came up with an ATAPI device on "1,0,0" (yippee)! So I made my iso filesystem and did "cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=ATA:1,0,0 -isosize dad.raw" and it worked! I have yet to try this with audio but I'd have to assume that it would work.

FWIW
-Josh