[nflug] dual monitors

Dennis Ruzeski denniruz at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 14:58:01 EST 2005

All Nvidia cards (and most ati cards) have dual ramdacs and can run dual
headed with the nvidia xorg driver. I'm running at work with a MX-440 card
and at home with a Quattro 920 card and it's mighty cool.

Once you have the card and driver installed, you can either use 'twinview'
to create one large screen on across 2 monitors or 2 separate screen
sections on 2 monitors- The advantage to using 2 screen sections is that you
can have different resolutions on each monitor.

The driver documentation outlines the xorg.conf changes for either method.

As far as using 2 separate video cards, I don't think it'll work- The bios
on the cards will conflict with each other.

--Dennis