[nflug] Cisco Router Question

Darin Perusich Darin.Perusich at cognigencorp.com
Tue Dec 13 10:20:27 EST 2005

there is a specific version of IOS that you'll need, it contains the
firewall feature set. i think it needs at least 128Mb of ram and the
optional crypto accelerator card. we have a 2600 with both but we're
currently not useing it for vpns.

you might find it easier to use openbsd to setup the vpn between these
two sites. openbsd really accels at vpn, and firewall applications. its
what i use for my personel home firewall for my cable modem. i'm sure
that you'll find pf to be much easier the iptables.

--
Darin Perusich
Unix Systems Administrator
darinper at cognigencorp.com