[nflug] dual logins

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 2 11:58:13 EST 2005

Right but if the console is already locked then the new user can't select that
as an option.

That same Funxtion was avialable from the Xscreensaver- Instead of typing a
username/password to get into the locked session a user could choose - New
login, and that would kick off the second session (assumedly at F8).

This still was nto a great solution since if my wife and I BOTH had out
sessions locked via Xscreensaver, when I sat down at her locked screen and hit
New user or change user (can't recall exact nomen.) the screen to change users
appeared on the desktop of the currently selected user!  so I had to login as
her to "accept" the switch to a different desktop.

I like this F7-F8 switch much more now, I just have to make sure I always tap
F7 to amke sure I am in "MY" desktop.  Of course it is limited in that you have
to make as many sessions available as there are possible users. Or make sure
one screen Always gets logged out when done being used...

JJN