[nflug] dual logins

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Fri Dec 2 08:59:10 EST 2005

Just a quick note on the subject John brought up about dual logins and
the subsequent tip that Dave gave about the config of gdm to allow
another simultaneous login.
  I was at a clients the other day on one of our systems (Gnome in Core
4) poking around through his menu looking to show him something (I
rarely use the menu) and noticed that there is an entry under "system
tools" that says "new login", this performed the same actions as above
without editing gdm! Also without keyboard 3 finger salutes! (I noticed
that this toggles between ctrl-alt-F7/F8, and can be kinda confusing to
the average user). I have not dug around to see just how this works
either, just wanted to send a note about it.
So, this would enable John to just go to his menu and click that, or his
wife. Is this in your Debian John?