finally- GnuCash

John Seth johnseth at phoenixwing.com
Mon Sep 6 23:18:31 EDT 2004

[quote]Maybe there are a few guys in the group that can further my
knowledge of this app too? What do you all think?[/quote]

I made the plunge to GnuCash awhile ago... I can't remember exactly, but
I'll take a guess and say about a year or two ago.  I used to use Quicken
Basic (95, 98 and later versions).  It's my opinion that Quicken rocked
more than M$, and GnuCash doesn't have all the features Quicken does (like
being able to connect to my bank online and auto-reconcile, etc).
However... after getting over those few hurdles, all my personal finances
are handled through that.  I have categories setup, which in GnuCash,
resemble other accounts... Thus, if your familiar with accounting
practices, and not just "home bank book" accounting, GnuCash probably
looks like something out of a textbook.

Now if only game designers would port over to Linux... I play too many
MMORPG's to give up windows totally.  I also use Adobe Photoshop, since I
*still* can't grasp 90% of GIMP.  It's ease of use just isn't up there
with PS... even though I *know* GIMP can outrun it.

Just my two copper...

-- Tony