Linux Laptops

Timothy J. Finucane speljamr at speljamr.com
Sun Sep 5 21:05:10 EDT 2004

Bob,

I did try the Linuxant "driver/wrappers" but I also had problems with
them on Suse. I did use Suse 8.2 and 9.0 prior to using 9.1. I could not
get the built in wireless to work on any of them. The built in wireless
is a USB Prism 2 and I read plenty of articles by people who were able
to get them to work, but I had no luck. After many headaches I bought
O'Reilly's new Lnux Unwired book and found my solution. The resolution
to the problem was investing in a good Orinoco Gold Card. It was well
worth the investment because it worked immediately using the Yast2
network card configuration. No headaches! I've been happily wireless
ever since.

Tim Finucane

--
“Those who would trade liberty in exchange for some degree of security
end up with neither liberty, nor security.”    —Benjamin Franklin