libusb on FC2

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Wed Oct 27 07:52:52 EDT 2004

I just had this EXACT problem. In fact I had a scanner that I had to
download a new sane backend for and it actually worked! The trick to get
past the need for root with that scanner and libusb was to put the
following line in your fstab file,
"none /proc/bus/usb usbfs defaults,devmode=0666  0  0", without the
quotes of course.