Installing Qt

Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Mon May 10 13:33:43 EDT 2004

Hi.  I want to install Qt on my system for use by another package.  I
have downloaded and unpacked it.

Usually, I put things in /home/bigbird/installs/... and run configure
and then make as bigbird.  Then, I su to root and do a make install.
The instructions that came with Qt (see attachment) don't seem to  work
this way.

Can someone tell me how to do this?  I  really don't  want to mess with
setting environment variables for root.

I don't want to do it wrong because I'm not very experienced with
uninstalling non-rpm packages.  Also, if it installs, but is still
wrong, I probably would not be able to figure out the error messages
from the other package.

I'm using Mandrake 9.1.

Thanks.

Joe

--
Better to be thought of as a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. -Abraham Lincoln