tuxracer sound

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Mon May 3 10:41:59 EDT 2004

--- jb <mesimpleton at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Oops, tuxracer sound works great but when you update apt-get it insists it is
>
> a broken package and removes it. Humm, the failed dependancy problem is with
> libGLso.1
> and my Nvidia driver is using XFree86-Mesa-libGL.
> I wish I could just install libGL and be done with it but I think it will
> mess
> with the Nvidia driver. I wonder if there is something in the tuxracer.spec I
>
> can adjust to point to libGL for the compile?
> Oh well, I wonder if there is a way to trick apt-get into not seeing it as a
> broken package?
> Any help would be appreciated,

Install Gentoo (as part of the install you'd emerge nvidia-glx and run
"opengl-update nvidia" to switch to the nvidia GL libs), and run "emerge
tuxracer"

The gentoo install is slow, but if you want to learn more about linux and
system
setup, it's great to try it at least once..

It's as easy as apt to keep up to date (aside from the fact that it compiles
things
instead of installing binaries) (emerge rsync; emerge world -u)

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk