tuxracer sound

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 22:48:06 EDT 2004

Never had any problems here,  but I use gentoo,  (emerge tuxracer) and it
worked fine out of the box..

RPM distros sometimes split off too much stuff from a package. (like
sounds/graphics) so at least the basic application will run.  Whether or not
that's a "Good Idea" is another question.

--- jb <mesimpleton at yahoo.com> wrote:
> My daughter loves playing tuxracer but it never had sound with RH9 and come
> find out it is disabled. With lots of searching I found a way, although step
> 5 was wrong and step 6 wouldn't work until I added --nodeps. If anyone is
> interested, here is the work around for sound.
> You need the source,
> tuxracer-0.61-19.src.rpm
> either download it or get it from the source disk 3
> 1. rpm -i tuxracer-0.61-19.src.rpm
> 2. cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
> 3. vi tuxracer.spec
> comment out 2 lines
> (Esc i)
> #Patch1: tuxracer-0.61-config.patch
> #%patch1 -pl -b .config
> (Shift ZZ)
> 4. rpmbuild -ba tuxracer.spec
> 5. cd /usr/src/redhat/RPMS/i386/
> 6. rpm -Uvh --force --nodeps tuxracer-0.61-19.i386.rpm
> After playing it, there will be a .tuxracer directory created in the home
> directory and a file called options where you can adjust everything.
> I wonder if the sound is disabled in Fedora?
> --
> JEB
> www.mesimpleton.com
> When a man sits with a pretty girl for an hour, it seems like a minute.
> But let him sit on a hot stove for a minute -- and it's longer than any
> hour.  That's relativity.
> 		-- Albert Einstein

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk