Hello

Robert F. Stockdale IV javabob at adelphia.net
Wed Mar 3 21:35:58 EST 2004

Welcome,
    I've used many distros. Cut my Linux teeth on Caldera 2.1.
Currently using SUSE 9.0 on my workstation. I have an old notebook with
Mandrake 9.2 on it and and old 500Mhz Athlon file server with Red Hat
9.0. All seem to work great. Would like to venture into the realm of
Gentoo, but time is not something I have much of these days. I'm
rehabbing from a broken wrist.  I like my machines to run fast, and
Reiserfs is the fastest of the journaling file systems available.  It is
not an option on a Red Hat/Fedora  install so I opt for SUSE and
Mandrake for that respect.. I have had trouble installing SUSE on
several boxes though. My workstation is a dual Athlon MP 1800+ with 3
Ultra320 scsi 37gig drives. It primarily is used for Multimedia
applications and open source program compiling. This is the only box
SUSE gave me no trouble installing on.
    If you need disk, I live in Wheatfield ( about 10-15 min form NU),
and can burn any distro you want.
Bob