Hello

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 2 15:30:45 EST 2004

Well,  Nothing like tossing a grenade into a room... :-)

There are as many answers to which distribution to use as there are
distributions...  My personal choice has been Mandrake for desktop systems and
RedHat for servers.  Peter from Cybersource will disagree with that and we
banter about it all the time here...  He just has the flaw of liking
Fedora/RedHat for the desktop :-)  (Hi, Pete!)

Whatever distribution you get, make sure that you get a current version.
Mandrake is currently at 9.2 with V10 in the wings.  I don't know what Fedora
(RedHat) is up to but the standard RedHat distribution stopped at 9.0.

Everyone, pipe up with the current version numbers of your favorite
distributions...

Cheers!

Bob