Temple of Elemental Evil (kinda linux topic)

Alex Koch ack22 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 23 11:36:39 EDT 2004

At 11:06 AM 6/23/2004, you wrote:
>Hello John,
>  Could you tell me how VMware works and how your using it for Money. That
> is the ONLY reason this machine EVER boots into windows and if I could
> remove that need, I would love it!
>
>JJ Neff wrote:

VMware is basically a PC emulator.  You create a virtual machine &
partition that you can boot, install windows onto it, and run pretty much
anything you want.  Even allows virtual networking between the virtual
operating system & the one running the emulation.  You can also run many
other operating systems inside VMware.  I have not used it since 2001, if
slow.  But that was a long time ago and I only had a p3 450 then.

http://bochs.sourceforge.net/  Is a OSS clone, I'm not sure how well it
works though, have never gotten around to trying it.

Alex Koch
ack22 at cornell.edu

<<-- PGP Keys -->>
2048 bit RSA key id: 0x58635D8F