Verizon Fios (Fiber-to-the-Premises) Internet (Cheap??)

Alex Koch ack22 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 28 12:24:03 EDT 2004

Back to the original announcement, here's a message that I saw on another
mailing list:

"My wife who is Verizon retired informs me that the SS links were
installed in the central offices between 10 and 15 years ago and most
of the homes (and presumably businesses) in Buffalo NY now have fiber
installed to the outside of the buildings (drops).   They have been
planning this for decades. "

However, I'm not that optimistic on when it might actually be available.

Alex Koch
ack22 at cornell.edu

<<-- PGP Keys -->>
2048 bit RSA key id: 0x58635D8F