Gnome~kde confusion

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Jul 5 09:33:20 EDT 2004

that's the first thing i check, lol. I hate that spatial mode, as they
call it. Reminds me of the default way win95 and nt were. You mean you
don't prefer to have 10 windows open if you have to get into 10 levels
of file location?? What were they thinking on that one? I've read a few
articles that try to explain that the spatial mode is suppose to be more
straight forward in that you will always see where you are exactly when
you click on something, instead of learning the directory tree and using
navigational buttons. Makes no sense to me. Anyway, one quick way out of
it is to right click on the desktop icon and select browse, that brings
up the browing nautilus window too. Also, are you using KDM for your
login screen?