Very new Linux user.....

Scott hawkwynd at adelphia.net
Sun Jan 4 01:58:43 EST 2004

I'm recently the proud owner of my first RH linux  machine, running 6.2
on a AMD K6-2 400. The installation, as you can tell by this post went
without a hitch.

I have 3 other windows based machines on my home network, on being a
windows 2000 server which is my gateway to the cable modem. The other
workstations are windows 2000 machines, which are my music machines, and
desktop publishing machines for various jobs.

I have an HP deskjet printer, mounted and shared on my KEKATZ machine,
and I've not been able to configure the printer tool on my RH box to
print to it.

So, what I guess I would ask is, where a good primer is for configuring
a windows printer shared on my network to allow my RH machine to print
to it.

Also, I understand SAMBA must be configured to allow my windows machines
to play with my Redhat machine. I would like to share documents/images
from my windows machines so I can access them from the RH machine and
vice versa.

On another note, I am so new to linux, I need help with installing
software on my rh machine. I tried to follow the directions from the
README files on a download I did, but I got nothing but heavily
frustrated when attempting to do so.

I'm going to get a book, and begin boning up, but if there's some 'free'
docs out there that would help me, I'd appreciate any feedback or URL's
to download and begin reading up.

Thanks for reading
Scott Fleming