cmedia sound

Riga, Anthony Anthony.Riga at searbrown.com
Thu Jan 1 02:02:02 EST 2004

My sound stopped working on my pc after updating alsa drivers using apt-get. I have cmedia cm8738 sound card that is Redhat compatable. Here is my modules.conf file. Tried restartting snd server etc. No luck any suggestions thanks

# ALSA portion
        alias char-major-116 snd
        alias char-major-188 off
        alias block-major-34 off
        alias snd-card-0 snd-cmipci
        alias snd-slot-0 snd-card-0
        # module options should go here

        # OSS/Free portion
alias char-major-14 on
        # card #1
        alias sound-service-0-0 snd-mixer-oss
        alias sound-service-0-1 snd-seq-oss
        alias sound-service-0-3 snd-pcm-oss
        alias sound-service-0-8 snd-seq-oss
        alias sound-service-0-12 snd-pcm-oss
alias char-major-14 on
alias parport_lowlevel parport_pc
alias eth0 e100
alias char-major-81 bttv
alias usb-controller usb-uhci
alias sound-services-1-0 off
options sound dmabuf=1
options snd-card-cmipci snd_index=0 snd_if="card1"
alias synth0 opl3
options opl3 io=0x388
options sb isapnp=1
alias sound-slot-0 cmpci
post-install sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -L >/dev/null 2>&1 || :
pre-remove sound-slot-0 /bin/aumix-minimal -f /etc/.aumixrc -S >/dev/null 2>&1 || :