Command Line Help

Kevin E. Glosser keg at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 15 14:35:59 EST 2004

Jesse Jarzynka wrote:
> Is
> there a better way of becoming root and then running commands all at
> once? Or another way to become root, and then run commands as root all
> from one command? -Jesse

 >man sudo

Use "visudo" to edit the sudo configuration file.

You can do A LOT with sudo, on the minimal side you can add yourself so
you can run programs as root with no password authorization if you so
desire.

example:  >sudo <name of program>

Whether this is secure enough method for you, depends on your
circumstances as always. I would imagine so with what you mentioned.

KEG