Command Line Help

Jesse Jarzynka denisesballs at thecybersource.com
Wed Dec 15 13:25:39 EST 2004

I thought it would be cool to have a desktop shortcut to run my apt-get
update/upgrade with. I wanted to be able to click it, and then run
"apt-get update && apt-get upgrade" in the terminal. However I do want
to become root first, so I tried "su && apt-get update && apt-get
upgrade" and it does then ask me for root password in the terminal but
then it doesn't seem to be doing anything. When I exit from root, then
it runs the other commands, I think because thats who I ran it as. Is
there a better way of becoming root and then running commands all at
once? Or another way to become root, and then run commands as root all
from one command? -Jesse