cd/dvd & mouse

jb mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 13 23:43:03 EST 2004

I think I have plenty of memory 786mb with 1.5gb swap plus the nvidia
video card has 32mb of memory on it. I'm not through a network. I think
the mouse hesitation is a cpu time sharing thing which I think the
program nice lets you adjust but I might be wrong about that. The mouse
hesitation only happens while I'm Opening multiple programs so the mouse
being hesitant isn't a major problem. It would be nice to adjust it a
little though. The cdrom not accessible is a problem. I tried the
(hdparm /dev/hdc -d and it came up command not found? I did add user to
the etc/fstab but no cigar. It also has
/dev/hdd  /media/cdrom  auto  pamconsole,ro,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/hdc  /media/cdrecorder  auto  pamconsole,ro,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/fd0  /media/floppy  auto  pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
I used vi to edit user into the file but when I checked again user
entries were gone and I saved them as root.
The fstab file says it has to be edited by fstab-sync?
jb