MythTV ??? Which tuner?

Mark T. Valites valites at geneseo.edu
Fri Aug 6 10:19:43 EDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Cyber Source wrote:

> still sounds like you dont have channels. did you run mythfilldatabase
> after getting the lineups? Is you sql setup correctly (mythfilldatabase
> will tell you that one)?

I'm not sure where along in the troubleshooting process you are, but I've
gathered the problem isn't with myth.

Have you tried using the card with no myth involved? I know you can't use
xawtv since it's a hardware encoder, but there is a way to test it. Of
course I can't remember what that is at the moment, but it may have just
been cat-ting the /dev/videoX device into a file and then playing the file
with a mpegdecoder.

--
Mark T. Valites
Unix Systems Analyst