Looking for New Comptuer

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Sat Apr 24 10:41:08 EDT 2004

You can buy a Dell system with those specs for under $800 (minus the
monitor).  Heck, you can built your own system for about $500.
But if you're not comfortable with that, than a dell system would be a
better bet.

If you plan on running linux on it, try going here http://linux.dell.com/
for system compatibility.

-Rob

> Hey,
>
> I am looking for a newish to buy between now and August. Does anyone
> know where i can get a newish comptuer for around $800 that has
>
> Intel Pentium 4 2.40GHz with HT Technology
> 512MB DDR  Memory
> 120GB† Hard Drive
> CD-RW Drive
> DVD-ROM Drive
> An AGP Port for later vid upgrades
> Bulit in EtherNet (or PCI if there are 4 pci ports left)
>
> I prefeer one with No OS but if it comes with windows i can reformat
> since i ussaly dualboot with windows when i have the hard drive
> space (at the moment I am on a 6 gig hd and have linux only)
>
> Any help will be helpful Thanks!
>
> Josh

Dege

I'm just not up2date on my al-kee-hol-*hic* lingo
Although, I do have that slurring part down ;)