It's alive...ii's alive

TheCactusKid Cactus thecactuskid45 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 3 16:53:42 EST 2004

Sorry for all the typo's in the first message.

TheCactusKid Cactus <thecactuskid45 at yahoo.com> wrote:
Hello, y'all
Well its up and running! Yes I finally got the old box
up and operating. My IBM PC Server 315 is now all
done. Well, I have not upgraded the ram yet, I'm still
using 64mb of edo ecc ram, and will upgrade it when I
can afford it. I was wondering can I just add ram and
reconfigure the OS or will I need to do a reinstall?
Anyway, I've got it installed. The box has Mandrake 7.0 on
it. I had a of trouble with the video card it
seems that Mandrake did not like the one I picked for
the system. It was a ARK 2000 MT or VP; well I gave up
and changed it to a S3 Verge DX and now its cooking
with gas. I did a custom install and it saw all the
hardware fine. This box has 3 scsi drives 9gigs in
total, 100bt nic, AHA 2940 scsi card, 56K ISA Modem,
and a Soundblaster 16 value soundcard which was a
little pain in the butt to configure in Mandrake. Mandrake
seems a bit buggy, its will not accept my
configuration setting, but after I rebooted it detect the
hardware and showed it finally! Then it did
accept my configuration settings! Boy what a pain!
Now I've got sound! I still have to play with
the modem for fax, but I've got DSL and that was no
problem setting up at all! ie:running DHCP. I need EDO
ECC unbuffered anybody have any to sell? Maybe at the
next meeting if these space I'll bring it in. Thats
the one nice thing about linux you can use legacy
equipment!

tHecActUsKid