Stuff

JJ Neff jjneff at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 18 09:27:44 EDT 2003

I almost wish I hadn't fixed my PC!

at around 10pm I got NWN working under Linux, had to follow the FAQs very
closely.  Permissions was HUGE.  But it ran and I was playing at 1024X768 with
all video options enabled.  VERY fast and very cool (I have a 128MB GForce).
Stayed up way too late running my little halfling thief around picking pockets
and getting into mischief...

Now I just have to get EAX sound working, anyone know if this is supported
under Linux?  It is an in game sound option but the in-game EAX related menus
are greyed out.  My assumption is that the game does not recognize a
Sounblaster Live is installed?  I have sound but it's standard 2d / 3d emulated
sound.

Jumped on Efnet #nflug this morning to test my BitchX install under windows,
Hey I may have to use Windows at work but I can still feel subversive by using
BitchX  HEHE ;-)

Talk to ya'all later (as long as NWN doesn't kill me first.)