permissions

JB mesimpleton at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 17 23:49:29 EDT 2003

My fstab is different and I see you must have changed
it to users. Is that all that needs to be done? Also
my fstab has ro instead of rw. I would imagine that is
read write? Here is what I have.
/dev/cdrom  /mnt/cdrom  udf,iso9660
noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0
/dev/fd0  /mnt/floppy  auto  noauto,owner,kudzu 0 0
Looks like my floppy is root only too although I
haven't actually tried it out to see for sure.
If I just change owner to user and maybe ro to rw,
that should do the trick. I also wonder why the howto
info I got earlier is a completely different way than
an fstab edit? Thanks.

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=12071&release_id=176647