How to fax?

Asheville Joe josephj at main.nc.us
Fri Oct 31 11:18:48 EST 2003

I'd like to be able to send and receive faxes.  I'm running MDK 9.1.
This is basically a single user desktop system.  I have no clue what to do.

It looks like hylafax, efax, and maybe others are already installed on
my system,  I just don't know how to get them to do anything.

I went into OOo 1.1 Writer Options/Print and there's a fax pull down to
select the fax, but it only shows printer drivers.

I ran kfax, but kde drives me crazy!  When you select Help, there's no
search!  I couldn't even find anything on kfax.

I tried opening a text file, but it said it wasn't a fax.

How do I proceed?  I have only one dialup line, so I need to do mostly
manual sends and receives - or set it up to wait for a fax to come in
and then disable it after I get it.

Winfax Pro 9.0 works fine in Windoze, so the hardware is no problem.

Joe

--
"Slaughter of animals for food can exist only in a barbaric society." -- Akbarali Jetha