PHP

Justin Bennett justin.bennett at dynabrade.com
Sat Oct 4 10:48:39 EDT 2003

I know there has been some PHP discussion on here, I missed most of it,
I'm looking to get into some PHP web developement against an oracle
database (OCI interface to PHP), I've done a lot of perl / oracle work
anything we deploy is now perl. In the end if we decide to start rolling
out PHP web apps I'll need to get some of our other guys involved (it's
just me doing the perl/oracle now), some of which have never seen VI and
know little html. They're mostly PL/SQL developers. Anyways I see alot
of IDE type programs advertised on the internet for PHP. I'm looking for
something that will help write the pages, maybe also has some page
layout features, (maybe something like dream weaver). Right now I'm hand
editing pages in VI and  creating the front end in Adobe GoLive, then
cutting HTML into my PHP/Perl program. There has to be a better way. Any
reccomendations? I just want clean PHP pages, that can be created easily
and I don't have to create the html in something else, if it exists. It
probably needs to run on Windows.. (It's the corporate world we live in
right now) Comercial products are fine. I don't think I want to get into
one of these JSP suites that you need an "Application Server" for.

Thanks.
Justin