synaptic!

Paul Urban purban at udsmr.org
Mon Nov 17 11:42:14 EST 2003

How do I get off this mailing list?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Asheville Joe" <josephj at main.nc.us>
To: <nflug at nflug.org>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 10:29 AM
Subject: Re: synaptic!

> Is there a version (and database) that works with Mandrake yet?  I tried
> to install a version, but ran into problems.  From what I understand,
> even if I did get it installed, it relies on a distrro dependent
> database that teel it what each package needs to work.
>
> Joe
>
> David Mangani wrote:
>
> > Just wanted to share a wonderful experience with the group. I had read
> > about synaptic ( apt-get) and its ability to find files and solve
> > dependencies and install software easily, so I gave it a try. I'm
> > using Fedore Core 1 and decided to try to install mplayer ( 14 or 15
> > dependencies ) and it worked flawlessly. It identified all required
> > files, downloaded and installed them all. It even added mplayer to my
> > sound/video menu! This is a great piece of software. For any newbies
> > here like me I can't recommend this enough. Makes getting installing
> > software a delight!
> >
> > My 2 Cents
> > Dave
> >

> --
> When asked by an anthropologist what the Indians called America before the
white men came, an Indian said simply "Ours." -- Vine Deloria, Jr.

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This electronic mail transmission and any documents, files, or previous e-mail messages attached to it may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, or a person responsible for delivering it to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any further review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution, or use of any of the information contained in or attached to this e-mail transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, discard any paper copies, and delete all electronic files of the message. Thank you for your cooperation.