Linux Citrix client

Charles H. Root, III chazroot at accountsolutionsgroup.com
Fri Mar 28 15:49:28 EST 2003

Hey Justin...

I did your exact config with RH 7.3. I downloaded the ISO's and
burned the install CD's instead of using RH 8.

Before I vi'd /etc/rc.d/rc.local, I installed the Citrix ICA Client
software, manually did a startx, and executed the ICA Client from
the xterm prompt to test it.

It "worked", but Classic X windows is WAY clunky for the ICA Client.
After you login to the Citrix server farm and get your MS Windows
desktop it starts getting weird... Whenever you double click an
icon on the MS Windows desktop, you get a X Windows icon/window in
addition to MS Windows application window... Way to confusing for a
good end user experience. Plus, it's really s-l-o-o-o-o-w.

I decided to edit /etc/rc.d/rc.local anyway just to see if it worked,
but it bombs out...

The machine boots, you see the usual stuff, X Windows starts but it
then fails when trying to load the ICA Client and shows the following
message:

Fatal Server Error:
Could not open default font 'fixed'

Anywho, perhaps Classic X isn't the way to go for this solution. More
tinkering to go!

Thanks again for all of your advise!

Best,

chaz