myth tv problem

vlok stone vlokstone at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 13:17:24 EST 2003

I can't connect to the db. some permisson problem.

here's the error

 mythfrontend
/usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.so.1.2
connecting to backend server: 127.0.0.1:6543
Could not connect to backend server

I can't find a lot on this issue. I setup it up for
the default on 1 machine.
mysql> status
--------------
mysql  Ver 12.18 Distrib 4.0.11a-gamma, for
mandrake-linux-gnu (i586)

Connection id:          12
Current database:       mythconverg
Current user:           root at localhost
SSL:                    Not in use
Current pager:          stdout
Using outfile:          ''
Server version:         4.0.11a-gamma
Protocol version:       10
Connection:             Localhost via UNIX socket
Client characterset:    latin1
Server characterset:    latin1
UNIX socket:            /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
Uptime:                 35 min 16 sec

Threads: 1  Questions: 646  Slow queries: 0  Opens: 23
 Flush tables: 1  Open tables: 17  Queries per second
avg: 0.305

any ideas? much appreciated guys.

=====
Free Good