Mozilla 1.3

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 15 12:49:48 EST 2003

Sounds to me like you've installed the new Mozilla in
/usr/local but Mandrake 9.0 installed a version in /usr/bin.
If there is a version in /usr/local, you probably have to
invoke it as '/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla or some such.

Alternately, you can edit '/usr/bin/mozilla' (in 9.0,
it's a script) to put in the right values for the paths
and keep using the mozilla from your path.  You could also
put /usr/local/mozilla in your path in front of /usr/bin.

Let me know if you have any problems.  I was planning on
doing the upgrade myself.  If you can't get it, I'll try
here and let you know how to go about it.

Just thought of something else...  Do 'rpm -qa | egrep mozilla'
and whack all of the packages that it lists.  Don't know if
anything else is dependant on mozilla libs but that would make
the old one go away so you can minimize the confusion...

Cheers!

Bob
--- Tom Morgan <samothyev at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I installed Mozilla 1.3 this am. After I installed it
> I opened Mozilla from my panel icon, I go to
> help/about and it is showing ver 1.1.I tried to open
> it from the program menu, same thing. I even cd'd to
> usr/local/mozilla and typed mozilla and am still
> getting version 1.1. I have attempted to install 1.3
> several times with no luck it is still showing up 1.1
> I am presently running Mandrake 9.0 with KDE 3.0. I am
> running RH8 at work and installed this without any
> issues yesterday. Anyone have any ideas of what I am
> missing? Thanks in advance.
>
> Tom

> http://webhosting.yahoo.com

=====