Backup

Scott Lawton green_man at bluefrog.biz
Mon Jun 30 22:04:07 EDT 2003

On 6/30/03 11:39 AM, Joe wrote:

> About a year ago, I asked what the "best" way for backing up my system
> to CDRW was and someone on this list suggested a program that would
> make it easy to backup and restore my whole Windows 98 partitions
> easily.  It was an application - not just tar or dump/restore.  I will
> also need to be able to retrieve individual files (possibly to a new
> destination).   I think I still have the email, but it's on a computer
> 700 miles from here.  Can someone remind me or suggest something new?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joe

This might be part of the thread.
I found this in my "just because you never know" files.
It's Bob Meyer, dated 09/19/02  Subject: partition imaging software.
Message follows:

I found a program called 'partimage' that purports to make images of ext2,
ntfs, fat{16,32} and
Reiserfs file systems.  I remember someone wanting to do something similar to
'Ghost' some time ago.  Does this do what you wanted?

Cheers!

Bob

Maybe that will help refresh memories.
Some one also said a while ago  they have an archive of most of the list
messages.
I'm still looking for that one; I know I saved _it_ too.

--
"We're all mentally ill - some people just hide it better than others."
Stephen King

Scott
Mozilla 1.0 mail on Windows 98 SE