adelphia blocking www

Dave Andruczyk djandruczyk at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 00:03:27 EDT 2003

--- deadpoint <deadpoint at adelphia.net> wrote:
> hello,
>
> i've noticed that adelphia is blocking traffic to port 80/http so people
> can't connect to personal webserver running inside there network. so i
> figured that i'd do a little port forwarding to get around this yet i'm
> still unable to get to my site. now i don't think that i have anything
> misconfigured in the ipchains rules but i'm look for some clarification.

That's correct,  they also block a handful of other ports as well.

> i'm run coyotelinux 1.3.something with kernel 2.2.19. i've flushed all
> existing ipchains rules and ipmasadm rules so all i have is the 1 portfw
> rule. the site is www.darins.net
>
> coyote# ipmasqadm portfw -a -P tcp -L `getifaddr eth1` 80 -R 192.168.0.3
> 6000
> coyote# ipmasqadm portfw -l
> prot localaddr            rediraddr               lport    rport  pcnt  pref
> TCP  ny-niagara6a-b-23.buf.adelphia.net 192.168.0.3
> www     6000    10    10
>
> any ideas or thoughts on this?

One way to see if the rule worked, is to run nmap from the outside of your
host. (neighbor, work, school, etc..)  don't portscan adelphia's servers though
as I think it's against their terms of service (though they can scan you
anytime...  nice rules eh? )

=====
Dave J. Andruczyk