Server Power Down

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Jan 21 15:57:11 EST 2003

You need a couple of tools.

lm_sensoring, i2c and you need to enable APCI Power Management in the
kernel.  You can find the software by googling for linux lm_sensor (I
forget it at the moment).

I'm in the middle of researching it right now for work (we had a similar
problem) so I can only relay what I've learned, no exp. at the moment.

-Rob

> Looks like you were right.
>
> From the MB handbook:
>
> Delay Prior to Thermal
> This section determines the time in minutes between the thermal limit being
> exceeded and the system automatically shutting down.  The settings are: "4
> min", "8 min", "16 min", and "32 min."
>
> This is what I believe is happening, I've gotta check it tonight and see
> what the temp is and the threshold at. Is there a utility to monitor the
> CPU temp from linux?
>
> Justin
>

> --
> Justin Bennett