Server Crash?

Robert Dege rdege at cse.Buffalo.EDU
Tue Jan 21 00:48:17 EST 2003

I agree that it's probably hardware.  RedHat 7.2 stock kernels do not have
Power Management compiled into the kernel.  You would have had to compiled
either apm, or acpi into the kernel & have their respecitve daemons
running in order for the linux box to power itself off.

Otherwise, it would have sat in a halted state, with monitor & power still
active.

-Rob

Dege

.... If They Weren't Happening To Me