Server Crash?

Daniel Snyder dsnyder at ECWA.ORG
Mon Jan 20 15:35:17 EST 2003

I had a power supply go bad on a server and it did that for about 2 days,
then it was dead.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: owner-nflug at nflug.org [mailto:owner-nflug at nflug.org]On Behalf Of
Justin Bennett
  Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 2:39 PM
  To: nflug
  Subject: Server Crash?

  Just had a wierd thing happen. I had a server (linux redhat 7.2) go down,
it's strange though the server was completly off. I've seen linux crash
before, where you get a memory dump on the screen, but never where the
system powers it's self off. The system is attached to a large UPS so even
though we've had some lights flickering due to near by construction I don't
believe this is the issue. I see nothing in /var/log/messages. Just a 4
minute gap. Any ideas where I could look for more information?

  Justin
  Justin Bennett
  Red Hat (Linux) Certified Engineer
  Network Administrator