open office

Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Jan 13 12:24:43 EST 2003

Ok, as long as were doing time trials,
My machine running RedHat 8, Athlon 850mhz 256mb ram, takes 75 seconds
to open Open Office.
New install on machine running RedHat 8, Plll 500mhz 256mb ram, takes 9
seconds to open Open Office.
I also notice that the hidden folder on my machine ".openoffice" shows a
du of 6mb, while the new install shows the hidden folder ".openoffice"
of having a du of 1.4mb.
So as my suspicions seem correct, it must be caching info in that
folder. I will try and move the folder and see if the speed improves, it
should just create a new one.