format fat32

Jason Parker-Burlingham jasonp at uq.net.au
Sun Jan 5 02:08:29 EST 2003

David M Rosonowski <rosonowski at yahoo.com> writes:

> I have come upon a Cabletron MRXI-24 10BaseT Hub.

> Now, I know working with cisco equipment, you set the
> terminal something like this:
>
> COM(Whatever physical port it's hooked into)
> BPS:9600
> Parity:None
> Stop Bits:2
> Flow Control (None/ Hardware)
>
> Or, at least it's that way on the 1600's and 2600's
> I've worked with.

At a guess, it wants 9600, 8 data bits, no parity and only 1 stop bit.

The simplest thing to do is to simply try one combination after
another---start at low speeds and work your way up, most kit will cope
just fine if you connect at a speed that's lower than it
expects---working your way through the combinations logically.

When you have the right combination of parity and stop bits (most
stuff doesn't use software flow control anymore, either), bump the
speed up until things stop working again, and go back.

Then, and this is the important bit, get a bit of masking tape and a
marker and WRITE THE SETTINGS DOWN on the tape and STICK IT TO THE
FRONT OF THE UNIT.  A year from now when you're trying to get the
network going again after a power outage, you'll be glad you did.

jason
--
| ``I think I'm going to throw up.''                                    |