No subject

James Morin morin at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 16 22:02:08 EST 2003

Greets..

Quick question (though these usually get more long-winded then the long
questions),

            I have two pcs.  The first pc is running my services
including DNS and is connected to my DSL modem.   The second machine I
would like to use for "subdomains" (not sure if correct term).
Basically I have:

DSL MODEM ->  pub IP <Machine 1> 192.168.0.1 -> <-  192.168.0.2
<Machine2>

I would like everything for *.mydomain.com to hit my first machine.
However, I would also like abc.mydomain.com to hit my second machine.
Would I use BIND to set this up or iptables, or something else?

I'm obviously not very familiar with either or linux in general.  If
someone could point me in the right direction so I could do some reading
I'd appreciate it.

James