Linux on an old notebook?

Jacob Stoll jstolly92 at netscape.net
Sun Feb 16 00:13:37 EST 2003

hello, i just got an old notebook from my father's company he used for a
while. It has 120 mhz processor and 40mb of ram. 1.4gb of space on the
hdd, and in very good shape.  In the small amount of space i have, I
would like ideas on the best way to set up linux on it. i only need a
word processor, spreadsheet, browser for basic internet surfing (no high
end graphic sites or online games), way to access my files on a w2k file
server, some games, email, mp3. That's basically it. what would be the
best programs and/or distro to use on what i have. If i can ill take it
to march's meeting. ( 3-16-03 )

Thanks,
Jacob Stoll