cdrecord and ide-scsi question

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 28 13:26:48 EST 2003

I don't think that this is what he means.  Frank appears to be trying to NOT
reboot the machine to be able to write CDs.  Rerunning LILO will enable burning
on the next reboot.

I would suspect that you'd have to unload the ide cdrom drivers at least, then
load the ide-scsi driver and then reload the ide cdrom drivers (if there's an
IDE cdrom in the system).  I don't know if this will work because I suspect
that there may be some interaction with the IDE driver itself.  If this is the
case, you'd have to unload the IDE driver itself which would cause all kinds of
difficulties :-)  In fact, I don't think the system will allow the driver to be
unloaded 'cuz IDE is currently mounted and you can't unload a driver that's in
use.

Try unloading anything associated with CDROMS and then try to load ide-scsi but
I don't think it will work.

Cheers!

Bob