Compiling Kernel....network not working

Frank Kumro frank at digital-ignorance.com
Mon Dec 1 18:26:02 EST 2003

I am trying to compile the 2.4.22 kernel and I have completed the
compile before and was successful in getting the network to operate.
However for the last 3 compiles I have not been able to get it to work.
On bootup it shows eth0 with the tulip driver and no errors. For the
networking section i have the following
(Y) DHCP support
(Y) Ethernet (10 or 100Mbit)
(Y) DECchip Tulip(dc21x4x) PCI Support
(Y) EtherExpressPro/100 support (eepro100, origninal Becker driver)

I have gotten it working in previous kernel compiles but this one doesnt
want to work. I simply have a tulip based network card...it worked
before the kernel compile but died after. Any help would be great...

-Frank