Cyber Source peter at thecybersource.com
Mon Dec 1 18:09:42 EST 2003

I've found most/any can be controlled via the (gnome-print-manager). I
have, by necessity once, found that Lexmark makes a decent Linux driver
for those real cheap printers, usually $39.00 at Office Max. I had a
Lexmark Z22 that I could not get working in Linux for crap with the
driver that comes with Linux (RH9), but I read the release notes in the
driver (gnome-print-manager) and it was saying how Lexmark has great
support, etc. So, I went to Lexmark's Site adn voila, a Linux driver.
Downloaded it and installed it, Worked like a charm! Apparently, that
printer needed to talk back to the computer (bi-directional), once that
driver was put on, that printer rocked, even better than on the winblows
side!