Muti-Desktop Icons-Bob?

Joe josephj at buffnet.net
Fri Aug 29 11:02:28 EDT 2003

Peter,
       I have been sticking with kde so far because I got it to work
almost the way I wanted and so I haven't experimented with gnome much
yet.  What you describe sounds intriguing, but I don't really get it.
Can you elaborate or show some screen shots etc.?
       The main thing I don't like about kde is that when I open more
than 4 windows, the window area of the task bar piles up and I can't see
what's there without clicking on things.  I was hoping that switching to
another desktop would have an effect on this, but it didn't.  Does what
you're talking about have anything to do with this?
       Under Windows, I built a bunch of desktops for special purposes
just like Josh is talking about.  It was really cool and kept them from
getting impossibly cluttered with unrelated applications.  It would be
great to be able to do that in Linux.

Joe