mounting a partition that's located inside a disk (cd) image

Robert Meyer meyer_rm at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 9 00:51:24 EDT 2003

Well, a bit of whacking with 'dd' might be in order.  Try something like:

dd if=/dev/cdrom skip=320 of=disk.iso

To see if you can extract the proper data out of the disk into a single iso
image.  Then you may be able to mount the iso as a filesystem with something
like:

mount -o loop -t iso9660 disk.iso /some/directory/name

to see if you get the file structure that you're expecting.  If it works, you
can reburn the disk or just export the filesystem that you mounted as a
read-only and use that to install...

How's that?

Cheers!

Bob